Resurrexi

In our monastery, Gregorian Chant holds pride of place in our liturgies.  Every day of the Easter Octave has its own proper chants.  One Sister became fascinated with the introits (entrance chants) and was inspired to write a poetic meditation on each of them.  The next few posts will feature some of her work.

Resurrexi




Latin

Resurrexi, et adhuc
tecum sum, alleluia: 
posuisti super me
manum tuam, alleluia:  mirabilis facta est
scientia tua,
alleluia, alleluia.
Ps. Domine probasti
me, et cognovisti me:  tu cognovisti
sessionem meam, et resurrectionem meam.


Translation

I have risen, and even now
am with you, alleluia:
upon me you have laid
your hand, alleluia:
wonderful has become
your knowledge, alleluia.
alleluia
Ps. O Lord you have probed
me, and known me:  you
have known
my resting, and
my rising again.


Poetic Meditation

I am risen up again
And I am with you still.
You placed your hand upon me
To cut and nail and kill.

The Lord has probed my heart
With pain, and known it to be true.
Send your hand into the wound.
Marvel now-
you know it too.



Comments

Popular Posts