Rabbouni


Friday, July 22, 2011
John 20:1,2, 11_18 (Rabbouni)

Below a poem inspired by today's Gospel.  Jesus calls us by name, but not only the name our parents gave us.  He calls us by that inner name which expresses our essence.  And He calls us, not for ourselves alone, but for those who will benefit from our Gospel living.

Rabbouni

A ray of rising sun
Escaped the mists of morning
And sought the Risen One
His sight with light adorning.

It caught and touched His eye,
Caressed His ruddy cheek,
But I, He would deny
This consolation seek.

For though we stood apart
He penetrated through
The prison of my heart
To press my essence new,

Where He alone could go
And I with Him would see
What He alone could know
That I with Him would be.

My Master taught me this:
His naming me was grace,
His everlasting kiss,
My most profound embrace.

Assenting now to ascending Son,
Beholding still, to His own I run.

Comments

Popular Posts